This collection of extraordinary stories has been created to support #OER4covid: the OER support group for educators during covid19, an effort by leading open education organizations to provide support for educator transitioning to online learning during the COVID-19 crisis.
Responding to the international COVID-19 pandemic, the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) and the OER Foundation (OERF) in New Zealand, which coordinates the OERu, have joined forces to establish an Open Educational Resources for Covid (OER4Covid) community. The goal is to assist educational institutions around the world to transition to online learning.
Currently, 80% of the world’s student population are affected by the school closures and many countries are in lockdown to reduce transmission. Online learning is a key strategy for governments and educational institutions to ensure continuity of learning during the crisis.
We invite OER4Covid community to share their stories highlighting how OERs are helping sustain that continuity of learning. Share story now.
A random example of stories in this collection include:
- OER Emergency Grants (with Mentors!)
- H5P/Virtual Simulations for Nursing Education
- Switching from blended to full-online learning in the Netherlands; a difficult path in secondary education
- Alumna en medio de desastre natural y con Covid
- Remote Teaching & Learning Resources