TRU Writer offers a simple but elegant web publishing platform that lets visitors quickly publish full formatted and media rich articles, essays, papers — without requiring any logins or tracking of personal information.
Published written works are presented in a style similar to that at Medium.com, clean text, wide margins, all in a format that looks just as good on a mobile phone as it does on a large screen monitor.
A published work includes a header image which is upload to the TRU Writer. Authors can remain anonymous or give credit in any way they choose. The body of the written work has a full featured rich text editor, and media can also be uploaded to be included within the body text.
Media such as YouTube or vimeo video, SoundCloud audio, or flickr photos can be embedded simply by putting a URL on an empty line.
As an example see To the People of Sangamo County, which was Abraham Lincoln’s first political speech made in 1832
The text of the speech has been augmented by embedded audio and video files.
Content can be authored directly in TRU Writer or you can copy the contents of anything written in a word processor, or already published on a web page, paste it into the TRU Writer editor. Most standard formatting (headers, bold, italic, underline, lists, blockquotes, hypertext links) will be preserved.
See the TRU Writer in Action
- Alan Levine’s Publications for a portfolio
- Arganee Journal open online journal for Networked Narratives and ResNetSem courses
- ENGL205 @ UNBC Fiction (University of Northern British Columbia)
- BIOL 312 @ UNBC Molecular Biology (University of Northern British Columbia)
- Comics and Mass Media (Graphixia)
- ENGL 1110 Writer, TRU Thompson Rivers University English course
- Farm to School BC
- IASK106 Writer Big Questions course (University of Northern British Columbia)
- Lee and Brenna’s Class Blog Nationalist Superhero (Douglas College)
- L21C Lawyering in the 21st Century, TRU Thompson Rivers University Law course
- OER In Other Languages Tannis Morgan
- OWLTECH Stories Open Web For Learning & Teaching Expertise Hub — a selection of accounts narrating how specific instances of the Open Web can be used for teaching and learning.
- Research Methodology in Education (University of British Columbia)
- The Apocalypse in Film and Literature Thompson Rivers University English course
- TRU Writer SPLOT demo site
- UDG Agora Comparte (this version has a few more custom fields and is translated into Spanish)
Get Your SPLOT here
- Get theme and documentation (GitHub)