The idea for this SPLOT came from TRU Open Learning instructional designers Kelly Warnock and Melissa Jakubec. They were planning a workshop on searching for image media and asked if a SPLOT could be built that would create a place where people could add found images, and that could be done without asking them to create accounts.
Thus was born the TRU Collector. Visitors to the site can upload any image, and provide a name for credit, select categories to organize them, add tags, and provide information to credit the source of the found images.
In addition, the site supports uploads of animated GIFs; animation is preserved for images smaller than 600px in width.
Such a collection could be created for a department or a single class where it might be useful to create a sharable set of images.
Share something with the TRU Collector (the access code is “tru collector”).
See the TRU Collector in Action
- Animal Body Plans (for Biology 2290 at TRU)
- Brand Storytelling Ad Copy Layout, University of Oklahoma
- CogDogRoo Image Collector for Alan Levine’s Nov 2017 Workshops in Victoria, Australia
- Fanny Central for collecting inappropriately captioned old images.
- GEOG 2221 Photo Collector collecting images from participants in TRU’s GEOG 2221 Course: Regional Geography of Canada
- Image Pool – used for TRU workshops on finding images on the web
- Imagery VISA 1101_01 collecting images from participants in TRU’s VISA 1110 Course: History of Art
- OER18 Photos photos for April 2018 conference in Bristol, UK.
- Oh No Not the Followers of the Apocalypse FOTA Images from David Kernohan
- OpemMed Album Open Images from OpenMed meetings
- Online Ecosystem Maps a gallery of maps created by students enrolled in the A202DMLL Module (Develop your Online Presence & Own your Web Domain) at Coventry University.
- OWLTECH Catalogue Open Web For Learning & Teaching Expertise Hub — a Catalogue of the Open Web: applications, platforms, techologies, or concepts
- SPLOT Collector – the development and very first site
- UDG Agora Image Pool used by University of Guadalajara faculty and students sharing media in the UDG Agora Project
Get Your SPLOT here
- Get theme and documentation (GitHub)